Learn about Andean weaving and culture
There are two ways to contribute to the website:
1) Comment on an exhibit item or
2) Contribute an item in image or story form
1) Click on a thumbnail of the Omeka exhibit item
2) Scroll down to the “Comments” section near the bottom of the page, and enter your comment in the input box.
3) Press “Submit”
2. Upload your image or story, and make sure to name the resource, identify where you or your item would be located on the map (visible on the page). In the text box area on the page, please include any information you’d like to share about how you connect to the Peruvian community (do you self-identify as Peruvian or Peruvian-American, have you lived or visited there, are you or your family from another Andean country such as Bolivia, Ecuador, Columbia, or Venezuela? Please indicate the city or region you are from as well.)
If you can, also use the text input area to comment on any items in the digital textile exhibits to which your contribution relates. For example, does the theme of a song match one of the designs? Does a dance you’ve seen or performed feature a dancer wearing a type of clothing mentioned in the Clothing exhibit?